Money Got You Stressed?
Don't let confusion or anxiety prevent you from taking control of your money. Achieve peace of mind in your financial life with my free email course.
You’re a bright, capable woman at a crossroads.
Maybe life has handed you lemons,
But you’ve got the grit and tenacity to make lemonade.
Because deep down, despite the huge unexpected changes life has thrown your way, you KNOW you DESERVE PEACE OF MIND.
YOU deserve lasting wealth.
Because DIVORCE, WIDOWHOOD, and OTHER major life events shouldn’t leave you struggling to stay above water.
And you know your money should work for you, NOT against you.
But lately, you’re struggling to understand your financial choices, and working through the ins-and-outs of your money has been a difficult transition now that you’re on your own. You’re looking for a trusted financial consultant that will empower you to make smart decisions that will pay off 10, 20, even 30 years from now.
Believe me, I am with you!
Because supporting women at a crossroad is at the very heart of what I do.
Hi! I’m Russ Thornton and I’m the financial advisor and founder here at Wealthcare For Women, where I help women shrewdly and powerfully manage their money with confidence. I have 25 years experience managing wealth and have helped countless people create financial plans for retirement, caring for aging parents, supporting adult children, savings, investments, and most importantly, living a great life.
But truly, it’s the heart of my business that drives what I do.
You might be wondering why a numbers guy like me seems so invested in women going through divorce, widowhood, and other major life changes. Well, it’s because this is personal for me. You see, as a young man in college, I watched as my mother, a woman I look up to and cherish (like any son would, I’m sure), went through a divorce. She didn’t expect the ramifications it would have on her life. She was far from prepared to face the emotional turmoil that would ensue, but even less equipped to handle the financial ups-and-downs that came with it.
She was a dedicated, hardworking mother and wife, but in my parents’ partnership, my father had always handled the finances. She didn’t have the experience or know-how needed to make sound decisions about the divorce settlement she was granted. She struggled, and eventually filed for bankruptcy. She suffered financially (and let’s face it, emotionally) because she didn’t have the support she needed to make sound decisions about her money.
I always wished she’d had someone like me (a financial advisor looking out for her) to help her make smart choices and create lasting wealth. What I didn’t know was that she wasn’t the only woman dealing with similar struggles. Since then, I’ve seen, heard, and read of other women suddenly having significant financial responsibility (often new) thrust upon them during a very emotional time in their life; a time when the money decisions made will impact the rest of their lives. I saw an opportunity to re-create the narrative my mother experienced.
I knew that this was my calling. My passion for helping deserving mothers/wives/women means empowering them to make smart, informed decisions so they can live great lives supported by a financial plan that WORKS FOR THEM.
Because I never want another woman to go through what my mother went through EVER AGAIN.
After watching my Mom piece together her new life, I vowed to spend the rest of my life helping women like her. But know that I’m not here to give you advice because I think a man can do it better. I’m here to help you in the way that I wish someone would have helped my Mom, with EMPOWERING information, support, and a plan.
I want to help you PREPARE FOR THE UNEXPECTED with a financial plan that will guarantee you lasting wealth. Because hitting a crossroads (losing a spouse, getting re-married, choosing the single life after marriage) shouldn’t mean a life of misery. Let me support you through this transition with my 23+ years of financial experience and expertise.
Are you ready to live your best financial life?
Here’s a little more about me, your financial support system:
- I’m a family man through and through. My wife Elizabeth and our various foster and personal dogs mean the world to me. Spending time with them in the great outdoors of Atlanta, Georgia, is my favorite pastime. If there’s a little fly fishing involved, all the better!
- I’ve got 25 years experience delivering financial planning, including a stint at Merrill Lynch, Wealthcare Capital Management, and more. Get the highlight reel at my LinkedIn profile here.
- I LOVE MUSIC. Listening to it, playing it, relaxing to it–you name it, I love it.
- I’m a fee-only fiduciary advisor! What does that mean? It means that my clients’ interests ALWAYS come first. I do not sell products for commission, and my dedication to you is about giving you the best advice possible. Read more about it here!
- Elizabeth and I volunteer with Angels Among Us Pet Rescue. I’m also proud to serve on the board of trustees for Georgia Eye Bank.
- I currently work for Wealthcare Capital Management where I have direct access to a deep bench of talented resources, and I still have the independence to develop long-term relationships with my clients and focus my time and energy on serving your needs.
- I’m really proud to say my work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal.
Looking for more information about what I do? Check out my Frequently Asked Questions!
So are you ready to start planning a life you deserve?