On Track For Retirement?
This guide will help you think through the different steps required to pursue the comfortable and confident retirement lifestyle you deserve.
You’re a bright, capable woman at a crossroads.
Maybe you’re struggling to go through the transition from a full-time career to retirement. Maybe you're recovering from the loss of a spouse. It can be jarring to realize that you’re not sure which decisions are the best decisions for you, your family, and your money.
That’s where I can help.
I’m Russ Thornton and I’m the financial advisor and founder here at Wealthcare For Women, where I help women manage their money with confidence. I have over 25 years experience managing wealth and have helped many women and their families create financial plans for retirement, caring for aging parents, supporting adult children, savings, investments, and most importantly, living a great life.
But truly, it’s the heart of my business that drives what I do.
I help women get organized and gain confidence with their money.
As a fee-only, fiduciary financial planner, I’m legally bound to act in my clients’ best interest. I’m here to help you make empowered decisions about your money, and start using your wealth in a way that brings you happiness and fulfillment. Whether you’ve never managed your family’s money before, or you’re the brains behind your household’s finances, I’d love to talk to you.
Why this is important to me.
I’m a numbers guy at heart, but I watched my own mother go through financial hardship after a divorce when I was growing up. She was smart and confident, and did an incredible job working hard after her divorce. But, it wasn’t enough. She struggled financially and emotionally to make ends meet, and ended up filing for bankruptcy.
Looking back, I wish she had had someone in her corner. I wish she had someone looking out for her best interests, who could have helped to guide her through some of the biggest (and most stressful) financial decisions of her life.
Are you ready to live your best financial life?
A little more about me…
- I LOVE MUSIC. Listening to it, playing it, relaxing to it–you name it, I love it.
- I’m a family man through and through. My wife Elizabeth, our dog Winnie, and our various foster dogs mean the world to me. Spending time with them in the great outdoors of Atlanta, Georgia, is my favorite pastime. If there’s a little fly fishing involved, all the better!
- Elizabeth and I volunteer with Angels Among Us Pet Rescue. I’m also proud to serve on the board of trustees for Georgia Eye Bank.
- I currently work for Wealthcare Capital Management where I have direct access to a deep bench of talented resources, and I still have the independence to develop long-term relationships with my clients and focus my time and energy on serving your needs.
- I was selected as one of Investopedia's 100 Top Financial Advisors for 2019.
Looking for more information about what I do? Check out my Frequently Asked Questions!